Catan - Cities & Knights Expansion
Dark clouds gather over the once peaceful landscape. Wild barbarians lured by Catans wealth and power maneuver to attack. Their massive warships loom against the orange horizon. You must be strong. Barbarians attack the weakest targets and the victim of their onslaught will be the player who contributes the least to the defense of Catan. Dont take any chances. Field your knights.
In The Cities and Knights of Catan you engage in the defense of Catan and compete to build the three great metropolises of Catan. Each of these magnificent centers are even more valuable than cities and are safe from the barbarians. You must invest in city improvements which you acquire using commodities of trade: Coin Paper and Cloth. If you improve your culture muster your knights and enrich your cities you will be the master of the great realm of Catan.
Requires the Catan base game to play.
The expansion can also be combined with “Seafarers” and “Traders & Barbarians.”
- 36 x Commodity Cards (coin, paper, and cloth)
- 54 x Progress Cards (trade, politics, and science)
- 6 x Victory Point Cards
- 3 x Wooden Metropolis Pieces
- 3 x Metropolis Tokens
- 1 x Wooden Merchant Figure
- 1 x Custom Event Die
- 1 x Wooden Barbarian Ship
- 24 x Wooden Knights
- 12 x City Walls
- 4 x Development Flip-Charts (to track city improvements)
- 1 x Tile to Track Barbarian Fleet
- 1 x Simple Rules & Almanac
Players: 3-4 players (extension packs available to increase to 5-6 players)
Playing Time: 90-120 mins